Excerpt from book:
9,000,000 seniors in 2031: How you can benefit from the coming boom in senior housing
Statistics show that 25% of the 65+ population moves between one census year and the next. In 2013 that will mean 2,225,000 movers! Where will they all live? This book will help you tap that market, whether you are a for-profit or not-for-profit developer, an architect, a lender, a builder, an owner, or an operator.
You will learn:
- Who moves, who doesn’t, and why.
- How large a market area you can reasonably expect to appeal to.
- What consumers in your market area can afford to pay for housing.
- How a good market study can save you millions of dollars.
- What marketing techniques have the most impact.
- What unit types and amenities consumers prefer.
- How you can fill your project up fast and reduce turnover.
- How you can make sure you don’t just have satisfied residents, but very satisfied ones instead—research shows that they are the only ones who will recommend your project to their friends.
Kate Mancer, M.A., is one of Canada’s foremost market analysts in the seniors’ housing and health care field. Her company, Lumina Services, has conducted hundreds of market studies and needs assessments for all kinds of seniors’ housing projects—active adult, supportive housing, assisted living, and long term care. She is a frequent presenter at industry events.