What is magical about life lease housing?
Life lease give you the best of three worlds! With life lease, consumers get the simplicity of rental with the equity retention of ownership, all while living in a true community of friends and neighbours.
You should read this book if you are thinking about living in, financing, investing in, designing, or managing a life lease or if you are part of an organization that wants to create high quality housing for your members or if you are concerned about the lack of seniors housing in your town or city.
You will learn:
- Why life lease continues to thrive 40 years after the first life lease community opened its doors in downtown Winnipeg.
- Why life lease is the perfect vehicle for land owners who want to develop seniors housing without losing ownership of their land.
- How life lease can meet every need on the 55+ housing and health care spectrum: active adult housing, service-enriched housing (independent and assisted living) and long term care.
- What the advantages and disadvantages of life lease legislation are.
- How life leases can create affordable ways to age in place.
- Why people who live in life lease housing love it.
Kate Mancer, M.A., has been an advocate of life lease housing since 1999.
She is one of Canada’s foremost market analysts in the seniors housing and
healthcare field and she is a frequent presenter at industry events. Kate is
also the author of The Future of Seniors Housing: Planning Building and
Operating Successful Seniors Housing Projects.